What is the Columbia Community Foundation?
The Columbia Community Foundation was created in October of 2007 by the former Kiwanis Club of Columbia Station and the current Columbia Chamber of Commerce.
The Columbia Community Foundation serves the citizens of Columbia Station, Ohio and neighboring communities through implementation of their charitable aspirations by awarding educational scholarships and community grants.
The Columbia Community Foundation's mission is best understood through a description of our many roles.
- The foundation is a developer of resources, seeking solicitations from the public and private sector, donating funds for special programs, and for the development of permanent and accessible endowments for charitable purposes dedicated to the betterment of the community.
- The foundation utilizes a professional financial advisor for the long-term viability of the foundation. The foundation's board of directors is the steward of the charitable funds received from individual, family, corporate, and private foundations and donors.
- The foundation is a scholarship provider, awarding educational scholarships to community residents seeking higher education or continuing education goals.
- The foundation is a grant maker, carrying out the charitable goals of the community as well as assessing community needs and setting priorities for the distribution of its unrestricted funds. The foundation provides philanthropic leadership by providing services to donors, other grant makers and non-profit organizations.
- The foundation is governed by a board of directors who are chosen for their knowledge, ties to the community, integrity, and experience in serving the community.
Listing of Past Board and Staff Members
Columbia Community Foundation
P.O. Box 567
Columbia Station, OH 44028